Biner has developed this course for those who want to become and develop as business analysts. - One business case, - 20 practical day to day BA-working examples - and more than 15 techniques are forming only the practical part of our three-day course. We have based the course on our own extensive experience of complex projects at the border of business and IT, and combined them with best practice and standards from BABOK® and PMI-PBA®. The result is a course that both gives you the practical approach and the theoretical knowledge background you need to work efficiently as a business analyst in your organization. After completing the training, you can also be credited professional training hours / points for the two most recognized certifications in the field.
Note: the course material is in English but the course will be taught in Swedish/Norwegian. The course can be booked in English as company course.
Change projects in large organizations almost always imply investments or changes in information technology. The role of business analysts has become more demanding and complex. To manage this role successfully it is important to have both a broad range of expertise and experience.
Future business analysts need to master more automated processes and business models, understand and put demands on new technologies, and how organization’s departments connect to different system solutions. A business analyst is also required to manage the role as a change leader.
At Biner we have extensive experience from business analysis in a variety of organizations and companies. From our assignments we have learned what works and seen how the role has evolved. Now you have the possibility to tap into this knowledge by joining us at the newly launched Business Analysis in Practice course and gain from the extensive experience of our trainers.
The course consists of three full days which will give you a fantastic insight in how future business analysts must understand and master business, technology, architecture and people, and above all understand how they interact. The course has a clear practical focus with a well-balanced variety of lecture and group exercises. You will get deep insights into the knowledge of tasks, problems and challenges that you face in the role as business analyst.
We will walk you through all the important business analyst tasks that you have to master from the perspective of an established process and project model commonly used in large organizations. You will learn and practice many of the techniques that our own business analysts consider most critical for success in each phase. The course is led by Biner’s experienced business analysts who themselves work in the BA-role, in challenging environments.
By attending the course, you will have the possibility to earn the required professional training points (hours) to get certified in one of the two major international standards in the field of Business Analysis, BABOK® and PMI-PBA®.
Do you want to learn more about business analysis and BABOK®? Download our free white paper here.
PMI-PBA® has been developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to meet the growing demand for business analysts. Learn more about PMI-PBA here.
Business Analysis in Practice provides you a thorough theoretical analysis in the area and we lay especially strong focus on training and coaching the practical skills that you need in the role of Business Analyst.
Together with your teacher and course colleagues you will during the course facing the challenge of practical work through the central work steps that a Business Analyst usually is responsible for a in change initiative.In smaller groups, we will conduct about 20 different exercises based on a coherent and realistic case that are designed to specifically help you to learn how to work with business analysis in practice. You will practice on developing and analyzing business needs, transform needs into requirements of solution and project proposals as well as to ensure and communicate the value of change.
We work through the following practical steps in the fictitious change initiative and learn effective techniques for each part.
Introduction - Planning the Business Analyst workThe Business Analyst role - Describe the Business Analyst role
Working with Needs- Stakeholder Analysis & Engagement Approach- Goals, Strategies & Drivers- Process Diagram- Business Requirements- Current/Future State & Business Objectives- Future State Risks- Project Scope Description- Benefit Dependency ChartDefining Solutions- Solution Requirements- Requirement Traceability Matrix- Solution EvaluationShaping Solutions- Use Case Diagram- User Story- Information Model- Solution Validation- Enabling Change - Change Management Activities
Delivering Value - Identify Solution Measurements
Together with the exercises, the teacher will guide and provide feedback on both the course of action and solution proposals and ensure that you understand the "red thread" of the work.
- At least 21 approved training hours- Successful certifikation exam
- 3 750 hours documented work in business analysis during 7 last years- At least 21 approved training hours- Two references- Successful certification exam
CBAP, Certified Business Analysis Professional
- 7 500 hours documented work in business analysis during 10 last years- At least 35 approved training hours- Two references- Successful certification exam
- over 10 years of experience- and are considered industry Thought Leaders as follows: whose expertise in the BA field is well sought afterwho advance the BA professionwho give back to the communitywho contribute to the evolution of the BA practice
- 35 hours of training in Business Analysis *- Successful certification exam
* As Biner is not yet a Registered Education Partner (REP) with PMI, participants wishing to apply for the PMI-PBA certification are encouraged to seek credits for this course with PMI corresponding to 24 so-called "contact hours.
This course is targeting Business Analysts, Project Managers, Enterprise Architects, Requirement Analysts or Requirement Managers who:
- Work in complex IT- and business change programs.- Seek guidance to improve the business analysis work through all phases.- Want to gain theoretical knowledge based on best practices in the field.- Want a better understanding of BABOK® and PMI-PBA® and get a basis for CCBA / CBAP and PMI-PBA certifications.
The course is three days and takes place at one of the following addresses in Sweden and Norway:
Stockholm - Waterfront Building, Klarabergsviadukten 63Gothenburg - Biner’s office, Vasaplatsen 2Oslo - Bjørvika Conference Center, Dronning Eufemias gate 6
See all course dates in the column on the right. The course is from 9:00 to 17:00 all three days.
The price for the course is 18 950 SEK/NOK (excl. VAT).
- The IIBA® book A guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®- A compendium of the PowerPoint presentation used during the course- Access to e-learning courses “IIBA® Certification Preparation” (CCBA / CBAP) - Lunch, mid-morning and afternoon tea and coffee plus refreshments
The course is held in Swedish and the course material is in English.